walk the earth

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Welcome to the land down un...

Well, almost. I'm in sunny but cool California. Taking off for Australia via New Zealand tonight at 9:30... So I got in last night, flew on JetBlue into Long Beach.

Nice flight, about 5 hours, but with DirecTV in my seat it went by super fast. We took a sort of round about route: Brent picked me up at the airport, and we went back to his and Mandy's place in 'the valley.' Met up with Jason and walked to some bars on Ventura blvd. It was really great to see them and we a good time catching up over a couple pitchers. We're heading out today (Brent, Mandy, and I) to check out hollywood and malibu. Jason had to work.

This past weekend I spent most of the time hanging out with friends, we went out to brewers on Friday night, sushi on Saturday with Dave, Justin, and Dave's dad, plus my folks. Tried to pack up my stuff:


I went into DC on Monday to pick up a Visa at the Indian embassy, it was an adventure in itself. Monday night I went to LaPaz and hung out with Tim, Megan and Erin. Said some goodbyes, and got to packing. Erin and Megan, two of the coolest people on earth, and stunningly beautiful I might add, will be missed for sure. They were giving me a hard time about not being mentioned in here :).

So Tuesday, day of departure, was a little hectic, but turned out just fine. Said goodbye to my folks, who have been great and super supportive, I couldn't have done it without them. I think I brought everything I wanted to bring, so that's that. I'm on my way, and it feels great.

6 Comments:

  • Leave some comments!

    By Blogger Patrick Moloney, at September 14, 2005 12:09 PM  

  • Patrique,

    We are missing your beautiful face already. Dude, I have a proposition for you. I have a VERY non work-related blog that I started. As you know, I'm an afficiando of bathrooms. I've started a blog reviewing public bathrooms. I think it'd be sweeeeeeet if you took pics and did short reviews of bathrooms you encounter on your trip. Time permitting, of course. I know that you need two hours a day to hit the pipe. http://secretpooper.blogspot.com/. Let me know what you think - I'll make you a contributor.

    By Blogger gmax7, at September 14, 2005 3:38 PM  

  • Have FUN! ! ! I'm envious of your travels. I wish I had the time/money to do what your doing!
    Take lots of pics!

    Rob
    Redbeard4x4 on MJC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 14, 2005 10:58 PM  

  • Great blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 15, 2005 11:52 AM  

  • Dude I'm really glad you could stop in and see us before starting the International Toilet Documentary! It was a blast catching up and kickin around town with you even if only for a day - have a great trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 15, 2005 2:12 PM  

  • Brent, feel free to send me any toilet reviews of your own. I wouldn't want you to feel left out.

    By Blogger gmax7, at September 16, 2005 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home