walk the earth

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hot Hot Hong Kong

Well, we've made it to hong kong! Flew in today from Brisbane on Cathay Pacific. The finest airline I've flown thus far, without a doubt. Complimentary Johnnie Walker Black label and Chivas Regal, we had a fine time! In seat TV, oh it was nice. About a 10 hour flight, piece of cake. Catched up on the latest news and did some journal writing.
Matt worked here for a few months so was familiar with the airport and how to catch the bus out to Discovery Bay, where we're staying. A buddy from Cromwell, Adam, lives here. He's a professional Cricket player for the Hong Kong national team, and generally great guy. His Father is a Cathay Pacific pilot and his presently on holiday in Thailand. So we've got this great place to stay, with great views. It looks over the water towards the new Disneyland Hong Kong

5 Comments:

  • McTrashkin!
    Hey Pat, Justin passed your site on to me... just wanted to say hi and have a great time in your travels. I don't know when you get back, but if it's after April, I'll have popped out a kid by then too... so though I'm not traveling through the world, I have my own adventure ahead of me too!

    Be safe, have fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 6:48 PM  

  • Pat,

    Jealous. I talked to my brother, Martin, about your travels. He lives in London and is moving to Manchester, England. He offered you a bed before I had a chance to mentioned it. Send me an email if you want his phone number/address. mcmcgreevy@leggmason.com

    Godspeed, Matt McGreevy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2005 9:37 AM  

  • Man reading this blog is torture when you are sitting in front of a computer bored at work! Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Live it up! :) Take tons of pictures.

    jealous!
    -C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2005 2:11 PM  

  • Hey Dude,
    My mom told me that your doing all this and I think its pretty cool. In your first blog, you said you used to work for Teamlink and I've done a few camping, mountain climbing, kayaking, etc. trips with them, so that's pretty cool.
    From,
    Gary Romeka

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2005 6:31 PM  

  • Hey Patrick!

    What you're doing is awesome! I wish I'd had the balls at your age (as well as parents as cool as yours seem to be!). I've met with Brian... poor, innocent thing... he was afraid to retrieve his free lunch, or even sit at the table without me telling him to! If the situation weren't so "high-and-mighty", I'd have LOL!

    Anyway, know that all of OHS is now keeping up with your adventure, blog-by-blog. Please stay safe... geez... guesting in an awesome Hong Kong apartment, that won't be too hard!

    Best wishes, always... Barbara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home